Virtual Tours for you and your family
Sheltering in place may have you daydreaming about the trips you could be taking. Whether it’s a journey to a foreign land, or a trip to the local zoo, museum or aquarium, you don’t have to leave your home to see the sites! Check-out these virtual tours that bring the world into your living room.
Experience the Great Outdoors
Did you know that five of the National Parks have virtual park tours? Take a tour of these incredible places, all from the comfort of your living room.
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska
- Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida
Take a Virtual Field Trip
There are some really cool places you can explore online. From museums to UNESCO World Heritage sites, zoos to aquariums, the virtual world is your oyster!
- The Cape May County Park and Zoo in New Jersey does a virtual zoo school every day starting at 11:30 EST. And the Monterey Bay Aquarium has several live animal cams.
- Travel to our nation’s capital and take a virtual tour of Mount Vernon. Or take a trip to the Arctic Tundra. You can even journey to space and visit Mars!
- Smart Tours includes video tours of several UNESCO World Heritage sites. You can find more tours on World Traveler, too.
- Want a list of lots of places you can virtually tour in one site? The Great STEMporium offers Virtual Fieldtrips [bit.ly/34XEhzK] of famous museums, zoos and more! And The Educator’s Spin on It has a huge list of tours and activities to do while socially distancing.
- If you have kids who are starting their college application journey, there are several colleges and universities that are giving virtual campus tours.
Remember, you can make the most of staying at home by using some free time to learn and explore!