Who We Are
Since 1936, Boone REMC has had a clear mission: to meet our members’ ever-changing needs for energy-related services delivered in a safe, dependable, and reasonably priced manner. As a member-owned cooperative, our vision is to be a trusted, innovative leader in providing our members with superior electric service at fair and reasonable prices, while acting according to our bylaws.
Now serving over 12,000 members and 14,000 meters across five counties while maintaining more than 1,200 miles of lines, it’s more important than ever that we stay true to the values that have helped us succeed:
- Integrity, transparency, and accountability in all we do.
- Courteous and timely service to our members.
- Fair and equitable treatment of all members.
- Stewardship of cooperative resources.
- Performance of duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Commitment to the Seven Cooperative Principles.
Boone REMC is a member of Indiana Electric Cooperatives and the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association and is a Touchstone Energy® cooperative. Our wholesale power provider is Wabash Valley Power.