Operation Round Up Grants
ABOUT OPERATION ROUND UP
Since 1936, Boone REMC has been committed to improving the quality of life for people in our service area. This tradition continues with our community service program called Operation Round Up. Boone REMC members who participate in Operation Round Up agree to have their monthly electric bill amount rounded up to the next whole dollar. The average monthly contribution is 50¢ per month or $6 per year.
If you are a Boone REMC member, no action on your part is required. New members are automatically enrolled in the Operation Round Up program. Operation Round Up contributions are listed as a separate line item on electric bills. If you do not want to participate, simply contact our office and let us know.
The collected funds are put into an independent, 501(c)3 trust and disbursed through a grant process. An independent board of trustees meets bimonthly to review grant requests. Operation Round Up contributions are used in the local area served by Boone REMc for charitable and educational purposes. The maximum grant amount available for organizations is $10,000.
• Non-profit groups and organizations that serve communities located within the Boone REMC service territory
• Grant requests should quality for one or more of these categories: community service, economic development, education and youth, environment, disaster relief.
• Contributions will generally be made only to non-profit organizations that have been granted tax-exempt status under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3).
• Contributions will generally not be made for lobbying, political and religious organizations; veteran, fraternal and labor organizations; fundraising dinners, raffles and other events; individuals; capital fund campaigns; national fund drives; advertising; or ongoing operational expenses.
Each year, the Operation Round Up Board also provides a $1,000 scholarship to the following high schools to award to a deserving student: Lebanon, Western Boone, Zionsville, Sheridan and Trader’s Point.
Examples of organizations that have received Operation Round Up grants are:
- Boone County Habitat for Humanity
- Boone County Senior Services
- Boone County 4-H
- Thorntown Public Library
- Boone County Community Clinic
- Arc Rehab Services
- Caring Center
- Zionsville Lions Club Park
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Friday, Sept. 29
UPCOMING TRUSTEE MEETINGS
- Tuesday, Oct. 10
Application downloads are available in a fillable PDF format. To view PDF documents, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.