Energy Advisor Services
Boone REMC’s energy advisor services can help you reduce your energy bills and get the most from your energy dollar. Our technician can help you with questions like:
• How can I make my home more energy efficient?
• What home repairs or improvements will deliver the most savings?
• What options and features should I consider when shopping for new appliances or heating and cooling equipment?
Boone REMC offers FREE energy evaluations that can help you analyze your home, appliances and energy use, all in an effort to help you reduce your energy bills.
Our energy advisor will help you identify common problems that increase energy use. After the evaluation, you will receive a detailed report about findings/recommendations.
Boone REMC also offers extensive efficiency inspections for $100. This service is available December-February, weather permitting. Our technician will:
• Use an infrared camera, along with a standard digital camera, to locate and document problem areas.
• Inspect the interior and exterior, attic and basement or crawl space to check insulation levels and look for ductwork issues and building envelope problems that can increase energy bills.
• Create a detailed report that can help you improve comfort and reduce energy bills.
LOAD CONTROL SWITCHES
A load control switch cycles your electric water heater off when electricity is in high demand. A typical family of four with a 50-gallon water heater does not experience a lack of hot water. Using less electricity when demand is very high (when temperatures are extremely low in winter and extremely high in summer) helps keep electric rates from rising.
If you’re interested in having a switch installed or in learning more, call our office at 800-897-7362.
To schedule an evaluation or inspection or to learn more about energy advisor services, contact Boone REMC’s energy advisor at 800-897-7362.