It’s important for you to know the correct procedures for reporting an outage if one should occur.
If your service is interrupted:
1.) First check your fuses or breakers to make sure the problem is not your own.
2.) Check to see if your neighbors have service.
3.) Have your account number or phone number listed with your account ready before calling.
You can report outages in three ways:
• SmartHub: Download our free mobile app to your smartphone or tablet. It’s free and fast — no waiting on hold!
• Text us: Sign up for our outage texting service. Again, no waiting on hold! (Standard text messaging rates apply.)
• Call us: 800-897-7362.
NEVER EMAIL AN OUTAGE TO US. In general it can be as long as 36 hours for some of our email to be checked.
- Report an outage through SmartHub. The most efficient way to report an outage is through SmartHub, the virtual connection to our office. Log on through the web or by using the SmartHub app on your tablet. Once there you can report outages 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your outage is immediately placed in our monitored outage system. Even if our phone lines are busy you can still report outages through SmartHub.
- Report an outage by calling our toll-free number 800-897-7362 and use our AUTOMATED OUTAGE REPORTING SYSTEM. The automated outage reporting system is super-efficient at taking outages, which helps reduce the time you have to wait to report an outage. If you still need to speak to one of our member service representatives, just stay on the line or dial 0 at any time to be connected to a representative
You may experience a busy signal when calling during a major storm or other large outage. If that is the case we recommend the following:
- Use SmartHub to report an outage.
- Use the above link to see our live Outage Map.
- Follow us on Facebook, where we will post outage updates and important news.