LOCATION: Boone REMC is centrally located in Lebanon, IN, with easy access off Interstate 65, State Road 39, and State Road 32. We have big-town amenities, with a small-town feel.
FIRST: We are proud to be the first electric cooperative in the state. It was with a pioneering spirit, in 1935, that we brought electricity to the rural folks within the communities we serve.
FASTEST: Today, as the fastest-growing electric cooperative within the state, we integrate an innovative business model with our pioneering foundation to find opportunities, stretch our boundaries and focus on meeting the needs of our diverse member-owners. As a not-for-profit, we’re focused on being good stewards of our organization’s resources and providing quality service for our members.
LEADING: As a trusted and innovative leader in providing our nearly 17,000 member-owners with superior electric service at fair and reasonable prices, we also take pride in the meaningful impact and improved quality of life we make throughout the communities we serve.
PRINCIPLED: As a member-owned cooperative, our core principles and values are based on open and voluntary membership, democratic member control, autonomy and independence, bolstering our local economies, and the sustainable development of the communities we serve.
WHY WORK FOR US
- Flexible and Casual – flexible work, remote work, and casual dress make every day feel like a Friday. Our hiring and review process is like having coffee and conversation.
- Growth and Development – your education is on us because we recognize your growth is our growth. We offer corporate-sponsored continuing education opportunities and on-the-job training.
- Family-focused – we have a strong culture of family and advocate a family-first outlook. We also strive to grow a family community of coworkers – at BREMC, you are family!
- Well-being – we have an onsite fitness facility and sponsor varied employee wellness events/activities that go beyond physical well-being by incorporating financial, career, and community service opportunities in a holistic approach to overall employee wellbeing.
We offer competitive pay with a generous paid leave schedule, health benefits, 401(k) match, and pension plan. Our benefits start when you do.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive wages
- A 401(k) and pension
- Health insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Clothing allowance
- Tuition reimbursement