Energy Saving Tips
Tips & Tricks To Help You Save Energy
The cheapest energy is the energy you don’t use. That’s why saving electricity and finding ways to improve your energy efficiency can make such a big difference. At Boone REMC, we’ve collected a few tips and tricks that can help:
- Upgrade your lights to ENERGY STAR® LEDs. These bulbs don’t just last longer, they also use a lot less power to operate.
- Set your thermostat high in the summer and low in the winter. Even adjustments of just a few degrees can help you save a lot of energy over time.
- Replace the filter in your HVAC. Dirty filters make your system work a lot harder to heat and cool your home.
- Lower your hot water heater’s temperature. You probably won’t notice the difference, but you’ll definitely see the savings.
- Seal your ceiling. Gaps in your ceiling and around cutouts in the drywall can result in higher costs in heating and cooling.
- Schedule a free energy evaluation. Boone REMC offers this service at no charge, and it can help you find pain points in your home
Schedule a free energy evaluation. Boone REMC offers this service at no charge, and it can help you find pain points in your home