Tips and Tricks to Help You Save Energy
The cheapest energy is the energy you don’t use. That’s why saving electricity and finding ways to improve your energy efficiency can make such a big difference. At Boone REMC, we’ve collected a few tips and tricks that can help:
- Upgrade your lights to ENERGY STAR® LEDs. These bulbs don’t just last longer, they also use a lot less power to operate.
- Set your thermostat high in the summer and low in the winter. Even adjustments of just a few degrees can help you save a lot of energy over time.
- Replace the filter in your HVAC. Dirty filters make your system work a lot harder to heat and cool your home.
- Lower your hot water heater’s temperature. You probably won’t notice the difference, but you’ll definitely see the savings.
- Seal your ceiling. Gaps in your ceiling and around cutouts in the drywall can result in higher costs in heating and cooling.
- Schedule a free energy evaluation. Boone REMC offers this service at no charge, and it can help you find pain points in your home.
Of course, these are only a few of the ways you can make your home more energy efficient. Want to learn more? Read all about it here.