The record-setting cold temperatures in late January kept most of us indoors and looking for ways to stay warm. And, now you may be asking “why does my bill go up with it’s cold outside?”
- It’s a frigid fact that you use more energy in cold weather.
- In cold weather, your heating system works much harder to keep your home comfortable.
- Even if you don’t change your thermostat setting, it runs longer to heat your home.
- And, even gas heating systems use electricity to power the fan and distribute the warm air.
- If you are concerned about your electric bill, contact Boone REMC.
- If you are concerned about your electric bill, contact Boone REMC to learn about programs and services that can help you save energy the next time the weather gets cold (or hot).